Piknic Électronik Gatineau’s engagement with the ideals of sustainable development continues to be strong.
We believe that it’s possible to have a good time without destroying the environment. Conscious of the impact an event such as ours can have on the environment, a number of intiatives have already been put into action, both at the organization’s offices and on site.
Here are our initiatives, already underway or upcoming, small measures or grand initiatives, to help outline for Piknicers what we do to help our small part of the environment.
- Promotion of the Bixi
– Better communication of our political and strategic initiatives relating to sustainable development
- All our containers will be recyclable or compostable
- A composter at the snack bar for the public
- Blog entries regarding eco-responsibility
- Sale of reusable containers
- Plastic cups sold for customers’ re-use onsite (voluntary contribution)
- Elimination of printed meeting agendas
- For a second consecutive year, we’ve opted to release our season line-up without a press conference, considerably reducing our carbon footprint: no paper used, no food wasted, no USB keys used, no carbon gases generated by transport of guests and journalists, etc.
And we keep looking for new ways to further our engagement and our initiatives even more!